Setting up a remarketing campaign in Google ads may sound a little complicated, but if you follow these steps it should be a simple process. A remarketing campaign is a campaign type that shows specific ads to a specific audience that we build. That audience in most cases is those who have visited your website in a specific period of time or we can go even more granular and only target those who have taken certain actions on your website.
The first thing we need to do to create a remarketing campaign is to create an audience in Google analytics. Of course, Google analytics needs to be installed on your website in order for this to work. If you don’t have google analytics installed on your website, you can read our articles or watch our youtube videos.
Visit Our Youtube Channel Adwords Experts – Media Spearhead
Once you create the ideal audience in Google Analytics, we need to wait for our audience to reach at least 1,000 users. Once your audience reaches 1,000 users, we can start the creation of our remarketing campaign.
To create a remarketing campaign, here are the steps you need to follow on the Google ads platform:
- Sign in to your Google ads account and click on “Create a new campaign”
- It will ask you for a campaign goal, you can select no goal guidance at the moment.
- We need to select “Display” as the campaign type.
It’s a good practice to have a designer create a nice banner ad to use as your remarketing banner, which is what will be displayed when running the campaign. This banner should contain your business name and a call to action.
Then, we need to import the audience we created in Google analytics to your google ads account. To do this, you do the following:
- Once you’re logged into your Google ads account, you need to click on audiences.
- Click on the plus button to add a new audience.
- Choose the option “Remarketing and similar audiences”
- You will have a box with a list of remarketing audiences you can choose from, select the audience you would like to target for this specific campaign.
Once you have the banner created in your campaign and you selected the audience, you need to choose your budget and your ad schedule and your campaign will be good to go. If you need more information or help on how to create a remarketing campaign, you can watch our youtube videos, read our blogs or give us a call.